Wondering what it takes to create a legendary course? Jussi Kiviniemi and Peter Mackenzie show us how it’s done!
What’s up guys, we hope you’re smashingly good 😉
Do you recall Mist adding support for Juniper switches? Or that you can drag and drop Ekahau file directly into Dash? Advertise AP names so they can be easily ‘spottable’ in scanning tools? In case it’s not enough, we are delighted to add that Mist has also released 4 new AP models! Please welcome AP12, AP32, AP33 and AP63 and listen to legendary @Jussi to find out more.
Here is the summary of what these APs are:
- AP12: Wall-plate AP rethought.
- AP33: little sister of the flagship AP43
- AP32: just like 33 but without BLE array (still has BLE tho)
- AP63: ax for outdoor. Smaller than the one it replaces.
Take care and see you back in two weeks!
Tons of love,
WiFi Ninjas xx
Listen to the latest WiFi Ninjas podcast episode 44, where we are totally privileged to have Jussi and Abhi from Mist as our honoured guests, discussing Mist Wired Assurance and Juniper EX Switches Automation.
We have Jussi on the show for the 4th time probably? Does it make him a WiFi Ninja #3? 😀
Here is what we have discussed:
- Quick Mist recap – wireless roots
- Mist & Juniper – filling gaps
- Mist focus on intelligence (dash, API, machine learning, AI elements, BLE RTLS)
- Juniper focus on top quality hardware and traditional software
- Mistifying Juniper – basic switches integration done – why is it so cool?
- Management of wireless and wired – dash, API, CLI?
- Troubleshooting and assurance – both wired and wireless in the same place?
- Pre-reqs to run Juniper / Mist wireless and wired network – any on premise equipment?
- Management and users data – any concerns about data security with cloud managed systems?
- Licensing of the new switches – can be combined with simple wireless licensing?
- Software updates – mandatory and pushed from the cloud?
- Scalability, templates
- What’s next?
Tons of love,
WiFi Ninjas xx
Welcome to our new WiFi Ninjas Podcast episode!
Today we discuss Ultra Wide Band (UWB) and we are EXTREMELY excited!
It was a total blast testing Sewio UWB and recording podcast about it. Petr (Sewio) and Jussi (Mist) have both shared their extensive knowledge and valuable thoughts, partnerships are forged and we as a WiFi Community benefit from all of that.
Sneak peak – accuracy is AMAZING (10-50cm) and location calculation frequency is OUT OF THIS WORLD (up to 100Hz). Sewio UWB is not too complex to deploy and it just works. Really works.
Ninjas feel that UWB will smashingly complement BLE and WiFi, filling in the gap in all verticals and environments, where extra RTLS accuracy and speed are required.
Ever worried about RTLS in Warehouses or heavy Industrial spaces? Worry no more. UWB is here. And it’s here to stay.
Welcome Sewio to your hearts and prepare for your minds to be blown!
Lastly, keep your eyes peeled for an updated RTLS blog ????
Tons of love x,
Welcome to our new WiFi Ninjas Podcast episode! We know that this is not our usual day for posting but we wanted to get this out to you guys ASAP!
This is a special episode to discuss some real juicy changes that are coming to Ekahau and their Sidekicks. On the show today we are joined by Jussi Kiviniemi – plus a small feature from a couple more of the Ekahau guys – Teemu Pulkkinen & Jarno Leppänen.
Our minds are blown and we think yours will be as well 😉
So what’s new?
- Completely re-written user interface
- 428% faster!
- Familiar feel… yet a lot of things have changed.
- Can name simulated APs and keep model number on APs
- Can change type of multiple APs now at the same time
- Planning (Cisco C911x, Aruba 515, Aerohive,..)
- Site surveys (using sidekick)
- Interferer classification
- On the map
- 7-8 devices to start with
- Interferer impact
- All sidekicks ever sold:
- Have 128gb storage unlocked
- Interference detection
- 802.11ax site surveys
- Software upgrade only required
- Ekahau rebranded naming convention and features
- Ekahau Connect
- Ekahau site survey – Ekahau Pro
- Flagship Wi-Fi tool for Wi-Fi planning, site surveys, optimization, reporting etc..
- Ekahau Sidekick
- The #1 Wi-Fi Diagnostics hardware, works with Ekahau Pro, Survey and Capture
- Ekahau Survey for iPad
- The simple yet 100% professional on-site survey tool.
- Ekahau Cloud
- Safe and secure collaboration, automatic project saving and convenience.
- Ekahau Capture
- Wi-Fi packet capture tool for capturing the hairiest situations.
- Can capture on 2 channels
- Can set channel dwell time
- Exports PCAP to your desktop
Thanks for listening and please don’t hesitate to leave a comment, feedback, subscribe, tell your friend, family or just follow us on social media 🙂