Hello and welcome to our third WiFi Ninjas Podcast episode 🙂
Today we’re going to discuss one of our 4 Ps – Predictive Wireless Survey!
Mac has just moved to Boughton (outskirts of Northampton) and has some wireless coverage issues at home due to BT box sitting 2 floors below the home office. Sorry for the lower than expected quality while the home production network is being looked at 🙂
Situation should improve in two weeks! Thankfully Matt is sounding as great as ever so we hope it will help with positive reception of this recording :]
Structure of today’s episode:
- Predictive Wireless Survey – What is a Predicative Wireless Survey?
- RF Design & Simulation
- What tools do you use to complete this type of survey
What questions should you be thinking about?
- How many APs and where?
- What Power and Channels?
- What APs and Antennas?
On-Site element part to the survey
- RF Spectrum Analysis – duty cycle and interferers,
- DFS Check – radar activity potentially affecting 5GHz band,
- Visual Site Inspection – APs/antennas mounting limitations,
- Attenuation of Walls and Ceilings – understand wireless propagation.
Off-Site element part to the survey
- Use data captured on-site to build an Ekahau model of the premise and predict post-deployment RF parameters such as coverage, interference, SNR, channel overlapping, capacity health, data rate, roaming, throughput, redundancy and more.
- Then use Ekahau reporting to build a beautiful report to provide all this information back to the customer and the cablers!
Thanks for listening and please don’t hesitate to leave a comment, feedback, subscribe or follow us on social media. Cheers!